George Kurani has been practicing workers’ compensation defense for over 24 years, representing both self-insured employers and carriers. He regularly appears before the North Carolina Industrial Commission and is a North Carolina Board Certified Specialist in Workers’ Compensation Law. He serves on the firm’s Management Committee, as well as a number of professional associations, including the North Carolina State Bar Board of Legal Specialization, where he is a member of the Workers’ Compensation Law Specialty Committee. George strives to provide clients with informed and honest appraisals of their defense position, risk and exposure. He joined MGC in 1998 to open the firm’s Charlotte office.
When he’s away from the office, George can be found watching his family play tennis and cheering for the Davidson Wildcats.
- Workers' Compensation
- University of North Carolina School of Law (JD)
- Davidson College (BA, magna cum laude)
- North Carolina State Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar Board of Legal Specialization (Member, Workers' Compensation Law Specialty Committee)
- North Carolina Bar Association (Workers' Compensation Law Section Member)
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys (Board of Directors, 2002-2005)
- Defense Research Institute
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- 1993 North Carolina
- 1993 US District Court Western District of North Carolina
- North Carolina Board Certified Specialist in Workers' Compensation Law
- Quail Hollow Presbyterian Church (Corporate Officer)