Helen Hiser’s practice focuses on appellate advocacy in both state and federal court. She has extensive experience handling appellate matters in a wide variety of practice areas, including workers’ compensation, contract, defamation, constitutional issues, and general litigation. A growing part of her practice involves advising and representing clients concerning OSHA matters. She also has extensive experience in environmental law, utilities law, energy regulation, and insurance law. She has done extensive regulatory work involving oil pipeline rate regulation and, more recently, participated in litigation involving environmental trespass and nuisance claims. Helen has worked closely with state regulators on municipal waste permitting issues and on other industrial environmental compliance issues.
Helen enjoys spending time running, surfing and reading.
- Bad Faith
- American University - Washington College of Law (JD, summa cum laude)
- University of Kentucky (MSLS)
- College of Wooster (BA)
- South Carolina Bar Association (Employment and Labor Law Section; Occupational Safety/Health Committee)
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Charleston County Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Labor & Employment Section)
- 2007 South Carolina
- 1990 District of Columbia
- 1989 Maryland
- US Supreme Court
- 4th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Recent Updates in OSHA Reporting Requirement’s and Maximum Penalties SC Lawyer Magazine, January 2017