Jason Lockhart has practiced workers’ compensation law for over 15 years, having tried hundreds of cases on behalf of employers and carriers before the Commission. Jason strives to understand his clients’ business, and modifies the handling of their particular case to best achieve his clients’ goals. He strives to provide his clients with an honest assessment of their exposure while simultaneously formulating a realistic and systematic plan to best defend their interests in the most cost effective manner.
Jason has been instrumental in the creation of an evolving business model at MGC, which is designed to satisfy client needs for alternative fee arrangements and increase client value through creation of informed workers’ compensation business strategies based on data-driven decisions. He also serves as the Workers’ Compensation Group Leader for MGC’s South Carolina offices.
Outside of work, Jason spends his time with his wife and two children, as well as watching sports, serving at his church and helping lead F3 Columbia.
- Workers' Compensation
- University of South Carolina School of Law (JD)
- University of South Carolina Honors College (BA)
- South Carolina Bar Association
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys' Association
- South Carolina Workers' Compensation Educational Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Graduate – 2015 iTs|SC Leadership Insurance
- 2000 South Carolina
- The Best Lawyers In America© (2015-2018)
- Columbia Business Monthly's Legal Elite - Workers' Compensation (Top Attorney Vote, 2017)
- St. John’s Episcopal Church (Former Vestry and Junior Warden)
- F3 Columbia (Area of Operations Q)