John Barringer’s practice focuses on general liability litigation, coverage and bad faith litigation, defense of personal injury torts, products liability, premises liability, professional liability, transportation and construction defect and condemnation matters. He has an extensive practice and knowledge in the area of insurance coverage analysis and litigation, and represents insurance carriers and insured persons and companies in civil litigation. John has tried to verdict well over 200 cases across North Carolina. John has practiced law for over 30 years, and is a certified mediator and active in the field of alternative dispute resolution.
John is married and the father of four children. He is active in his church and continues to be involved as a volunteer in various community activities including scouting, coaching and mentoring.
- Coverage and Bad Faith
- Professional Liability
- Brigham Young University Law School (JD)
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte (BS, cum laude)
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- California State Bar Association
- Contra Costa County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys (Board of Directors; 2013-14 Chair, GL Committee; Past Vice Chair, GL Committee)
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- 1989 North Carolina
- 1986 California
- Certified Mediator