Mark Davis is a Member of MGC in the Charleston, SC office. He has practiced in the area of workers’ compensation defense since 2000. In 2001, Mark opened the Charleston office of MGC, and he currently serves as the Group Leader for the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Practice Group.
Mark works with clients to identify positive outcomes, set goals and reach those results. He routinely defends carriers, employers and self-insured companies in the hospitality, retail, restaurant, construction, manufacturing, trucking and healthcare industries. He frequently appears before the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission and has appeared before various Circuit Courts, the South Carolina Court of Appeals and the South Carolina Supreme Court.
Mark is an active member in national, state and local professional organizations devoted to workers’ compensation issues. He has lectured before various national and state organizations concerning national trends, return to work issues, cost-control, advanced workers’ compensation law, trial tactics, multi-state issues and fraud. He has a particular interest in improving delivery of legal services through knowledge management and technology.
When he is not representing clients, Mark enjoys spending time with his wife, son and daughter, and fishing, boating, grilling, playing the guitar and running.
- Workers' Compensation
- University of South Carolina School of Law (JD)
- Furman University (BA)
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Charleston County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys' Association
- South Carolina Workers' Compensation Educational Association
- South Carolina Self-Insurers Association (Board of Directors)
- Workers' Compensation Institute (Annual Meeting Planning Committee; Multistate Planning Committee)
- 1998 South Carolina
- US Federal District Court for the District of South Carolina
- Certified Circuit Court Mediator
- The Best Lawyers In America© (2009-2018)
- The Best Lawyers in America 2018 Lawyer of the Year - Workers' Compensation Law - Employers, Charleston