Alan Jones’ practice focuses on commercial litigation, insurance coverage, and construction in the firm’s Greenville office. Alan has represented insurance carriers, general contractors, subcontractors, corporations and individuals for the past decade in the Greenville and Myrtle Beach areas of South Carolina.
An active member of the defense bar, Alan serves on the board of directors for the South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association, an association for which he has previously served as Co-Editor of The DefenseLine magazine and for whom he has co-authored amicus curiae briefs on behalf of the association to the Supreme Court of South Carolina. He is also a regular speaker to clients and continuing education audiences on issues such as best practices, alternative dispute resolution, and current topics affecting practice in South Carolina’s state and Federal courts.
Outside of the office, Alan enjoys spending time with his wife and son, cheering on the Clemson Tigers, and hobby board gaming.
- Bad Faith
- Commercial Litigation
- Miscellaneous Professional Liability
- Nursing Home Liability
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Professional Liability
- University of Georgia School of Law (JD)
- University of South Carolina (MA)
- Clemson University (BA, cum laude)
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys' Association (Board of Directors)
- The DefenseLine (Co-Editor, Spring 2015 to Fall 2017)
- American Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar (Construction Section)
- 2011 South Carolina
- "Take It to the Limit: Punitive Damages and property Damage Limits in the Wake of Geico v. Poole, Zachary S. Brown and Alan G. Jones" The DefenseLine, Winter 2019.