Allison Nussbaum has exclusively practiced workers’ compensation defense since 2005. As an attorney in MGC’s Charleston office, she represents employers, self-insureds and insurance carriers in state courts and before the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission. Allison is an active member of national, state and local professional organizations devoted to workers’ compensation issues. She also regularly lectures before various organizations on issues related to workers’ compensation. Allison is a former law clerk to the Honorable Diane S. Goodstein, Judge of the First Judicial Circuit of South Carolina. Currently, Allison serves as the Workers’ Compensation Group Leader for MGC’s South Carolina offices.
Allison has the distinction of being named an AV Preeminent® attorney by Martindale-Hubbell®. This is the highest possible peer rating in both legal ability and ethical standards. Through her practice, Allison focuses on meeting her clients’ needs in an efficient and cost-effective manner. She works with her clients to obtain favorable results in an expeditious manner.
Outside of work, Allison enjoys running, cheering on her beloved Tarheels and spending time outside with her dogs and family.
- Workers' Compensation
- University of South Carolina School of Law (JD)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (BS (with distinction))
- Alliance of Women in Workers’ Compensation
- Charleston County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute (Workers’ Compensation Committee)
- South Carolina Bar Association (Workers' Compensation Section)
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys' Association
- South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Educational Association (Educational Conference Committee)
- 2004 South Carolina
- Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ - AV Preeminent® (2023 and 2024)
- The Best Lawyers in America© - Workers' Compensation Law - Employers (2021-2024)
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® - Judicial Edition (2022 and 2023)
- Charleston Business Magazine's Legal Elite - Workers' Compensation (2019)
- Martindale-Hubbell® Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers™ (2013)
- Junior League of Charleston
- Children's Museum of the Lowcountry (Board Member)