Amy Urban’s practice focuses on workers’ compensation, subrogation and coverage litigation in the firm’s Atlanta office, bringing almost two decades of insurance defense experience to MGC.
Prior to joining MGC, Amy worked in the claims industry for seven years, most recently serving as American International Group (AIG) Workers’ Compensation Claims Counsel for multiple jurisdictions. She also practiced at a civil defense firm in Atlanta for almost a decade, representing a variety of insurance carriers, self-insureds and third-party administrators.
Outside of MGC, Amy enjoys cheering on her two sons in basketball, football, soccer and baseball, as well as spending time outdoors and reading.
- Workers' Compensation
- University of Tennessee College of Law (JD)
- Auburn University (BA, magna cum laude)
- Annual Georgia State Board of Workers’ Compensation Educational Conference (Chairman’s Steering Committee: 2019 and 2020)
- Georgia Bar Association - Workers' Compensation Section
- 2002 Georgia
- Certified Mediator
- Georgia Super Lawyers Rising Star – Workers’ Compensation
- Rated AV Preeminent Attorney by Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™
- Invited by the Georgia Court of Appeals to argue at a special session held before the students and faculty at John Marshall Law School (2008)
- Mentor to United States Air Force Veteran through American Corporate Partners
- Atlanta Junior League (Sustainer)
- Saint Jude the Apostle Catholic Church (Member)
- Saint Jude the Apostle Catholic School (Volunteer)
- Assists with Boy Scouts of America Pack 623