Amy Jenkins brings 30 years of employment law experience to MGC, and chairs the firm’s Employment Law practice group. She handles all aspects of employment law, including litigation pending in federal and state courts, and claims pending with state and federal agencies, including the EEOC, SHAC and DOL, as well as EPLI claims. Amy has extensive experience in drafting and evaluating policies, handbooks and contracts, and she regularly conducts trainings for clients, including anti-harassment training. Amy partners with employers to conduct internal compliance audits and routinely counsels clients in matters related to hiring, terminations, wage and hour issues, harassment, discrimination, retaliation, wrongful discharge, non-compete agreements, trade secrets and other issues.
Amy is a South Carolina Supreme Court Certified Specialist in Labor & Employment Law, a Certified Mediator and a Certified Litigation Management Professional through Claims Litigation Management Alliance (CLM).
She has been the co-author or sole author of the chapter “Fair Labor Standards Act” in Labor and Employment Law for South Carolina Lawyers for each of the five editions that have been published by the South Carolina Bar over the years. Commonly referred to as the “Green Book,” the book is routinely used by lawyers throughout the state. Amy is currently working on a 2023-2024 supplement for this chapter of the book. She is also invested in the firm’s diversity, equity and inclusion programs, and served as chair of its Belong @ MGC committee from June 2019 until June 2022, fostering a firm culture where talented individuals from all walks of life are recruited, empowered, included, respected and rewarded. Amy became the first female to be elected to the firm’s Management Committee in June 2022, where she provides insight and leadership for MGC.
Amy is married and has two children. In her spare time, she loves to travel, spend time with family, friends and her three dogs, attend live music events and exercise.
- University of Virginia School of Law (JD)
- University of New Hampshire Honors Program (BA, magna cum laude)
- South Carolina Bar Association (Former Chair - Employment and Labor Law Section)
- South Carolina Supreme Court Employment and Labor Law Specialization Advisory Board (Chair, 2021-2022; Member, 2017-2022)
- Charleston County Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar
- 2014 United States Supreme Court
- 1996 South Carolina
- 1993 North Carolina
- US Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- US District Court for the Districts of South Carolina
- US District Court, Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of North Carolina
- Certified Litigation Management Professional through CLM
- Certified Specialist in Labor & Employment Law
- Certified Mediator
- The Best Lawyers in America© Charleston, SC Lawyer of the Year - Litigation - Labor and Employment (2024)
- The Best Lawyers in America© - Employment Law - Management, Employment Law - Individuals, Litigation - ERISA, Litigation - Labor and Employment (2007-2024)
- Charleston Business Magazine's Legal Elite of the Lowcountry - Labor & Employment (2017, 2019 - 2021) *Top Attorney Vote, Employment – Defendant (2023) *Top Attorney Vote; Labor *Top Attorney Vote; Employee Benefits (2022)
- South Carolina Super Lawyers - Employment & Labor (2008-2019, 2021-2023)
- The Best Lawyers in America© Lawyer of the Year - Employment Law - Individuals (2014, 2016, 2019 and 2022)
- The Best Lawyers in America© Lawyer of the Year - Employment Law - Management (2018)
- Labor and Employment Law for South Carolina Lawyers Co-authored the chapter on the Fair Labor Standards Act; publication available through the South Carolina Bar
- Rotary Club of Charleston (Former Board of Director; Past President, 1999-2018)