Greenville native Ashley Forbes is pleased to be representing clients in her home state. Her practice focuses exclusively on defending employers and carriers before the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission, and her clients include major retailers, manufacturers, hospitals and staffing companies.
Ashley is actively involved with the South Carolina Bar; she has served on the House of Delegates and was the 13th circuit representative to the Bar’s Young Lawyers Division for two terms. She was awarded the Young Lawyers Division President’s Award in 2015, recognizing her dedication to outstanding service and leadership in the legal profession. Ashley has also been recognized by her peers in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Super Lawyers Rising Stars and Legal Elite of the Upstate for her workers’ compensation practice.
Ashley is a graduate of Duke University, where she earned the William J. Griffith University Service Award for her service and contributions to the university and larger community. She went on to law school at Wake Forest University School of Law, where she served as managing editor of the Journal of Business and Intellectual Property Law.
Outside of MGC, Ashley enjoys watching Duke basketball, being outside and spending time with her husband, two boys and fur baby Truman.
- Workers' Compensation
- Wake Forest University School of Law (JD)
- Duke University (BA)
- South Carolina Bar’s House of Delegates for the 13th Circuit
- Greenville Bar Association
- South Carolina Women Lawyers Association
- South Carolina Bar (Young Lawyers Division; Professional Development Committee - Co-Chair; 13th Circuit Representative)
- South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Educational Association
- 2012 South Carolina
- Best Lawyers©: Ones to Watch - Workers' Compensation Law - Employers (2021-2023)
- South Carolina Super Lawyers Rising Stars - Workers' Compensation (2019-2022)
- Greenville Business Magazine's Legal Elite of the Upstate - Workers' Compensation (2020)
- South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers Division President's Award (2014 and 2015)
- “Defense Wins the Battle of the Brain co-authored for SCDTAA’s The Defense Line (July 2013)