Brian O’Keefe has practiced worker’s compensation defense since 2002. Prior to joining MGC, he was a former assistant state attorney for the Twelfth Judicial Circuit of Florida and an assistant solicitor for the Ninth Judicial Circuit of South Carolina. He routinely defends carriers, employers and self-insured companies in the construction, manufacturing, healthcare, trucking, retail, restaurant and hospitality industries. He is hands-on for his clients and prides himself in understanding their products, services and industry.
Brian is an active member in national, state and local professional organization focused on worker’s compensation issues. He was a past worker’s compensation chairman of the South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys Association. He has lectured before various organizations concerning return to work issues, trial tactics, fraud and legal updates.
When he is away from work, Brian enjoys spending time with his wife and three sons, as well as coaching sports, golfing and traveling.
- Workers' Compensation
- Nova Southeastern University (JD)
- Furman University (BA)
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Charleston County Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- South Carolina Workers' Compensation Educational Association
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys' Association (Past Chair, Workers' Compensation Section)
- 1999 South Carolina
- 1994 Florida
- South Carolina Supreme Court
- US Federal District Court for the District of South Carolina
- US Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit
- Florida Supreme Court
- US Federal District Court for the Middle District of Florida