Emily Bishop’s practice focuses on general litigation in the firm’s Richmond office. She also serves on MGC’s Trucking: Rapid Response Team.
Prior to joining MGC, Emily practiced at a civil litigation firm and represented individuals and companies in motor vehicle accident cases, local government and law enforcement officials and landlords and property owners. Prior to this position, Emily served as a prosecutor in the Henrico County Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office, and served as a law clerk to the judges of the Henrico County Circuit Court.
- University of Richmond, T.C. Williams School of Law (JD, cum laude)
- Virginia Commonwealth University (MSW)
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University (BA)
- Virginia Bar Association
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
- Defense Research Institute
- Henrico County Bar Association (2016 and 2017: Board of Directors; 2017 and 2018: Secretary; 2018 and 2019: VP; 2019 and 2020: President-Elect)
- 2008 Virginia
- US District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia
- US Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Certified Litigation Management Professional