With a career dedicated to representing the interests of the insurance industry, Eric Fitzgerald has 30 years’ experience handling coverage and professional liability matters for insurance companies in State and Federal courts throughout Pennsylvania and New York. He is one of a select number of attorneys in private practice who has received his designation as a Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU) and Associate in Reinsurance (ARe). Eric’s practice includes all Professional, General Liability, Auto, Property, Cyber, Inland Marine, LH&D and ERISA and Workers’ Compensation policy lines. He also represents Insurance Agents and Brokers as both Litigation and General Counsel, and is a coverage Arbitrator and Mediator. Eric is also an appellate attorney and has argued over 30 appeals.
Eric has served on the Executive Committee of the CPCU Society’s National Board of Governors, the Nominating Committee and its Champions Committee and is a former CPCU instructor. In addition, he participated in drafting several CPCU textbooks in association with the American Institute.
Eric is a Certified Litigation Management Professional with the Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM) and a former instructor in the CLM’s Claims College. He is also a member of the Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS), the Property Legal Research Bureau (PLRB) and the American College of Coverage Counsel (ACCC).
Eric has been recognized for his achievements in the legal industry, and holds an AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating™ by Martindale-Hubbell®. He began his career as a judicial clerk for the New York State Supreme Court, Appellate Division, Fourth Department where he participated in the drafting of many significant coverage decisions in New York State.
- Insurance Coverage
- Professional Liability
- 1993 University at Buffalo School of Law (JD)
- 1989 University of Rochester (BA, cum laude)
- CPCU Society – Philadelphia Chapter (Executive Committee, Nominating Committee, Champions Committee)
- Defense Research Institute – Northeastern Pennsylvania Chapter
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- Property Legal Research Bureau
- American College of Coverage Counsel (formerly ACCEC)
- Monroe County Bar Association
- 1994 Pennsylvania
- 1993 New York
- US District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Pennsylvania
- US District Courts for the Northern and Western Districts of New York
- US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU)
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU)
- Associate in Reinsurance (ARe)
- Certified Litigation Management Professional (CLMP)
- Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ - AV Preeminent®
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers – Insurance Coverage (2020)
- Kids Innovating Stage and Sound (KISS) Theatre Company (Past Chairman, Current Member of Board of Directors)