With a career dedicated to representing the interests of the insurance industry, Eric Fitzgerald has extensive experience in a variety of insurance coverage and professional liability matters for insurance companies in state and federal courts throughout Pennsylvania and New York. His practice includes professional, casualty, property and special lines including errors and omissions; cyber; directors and officers; employment; law enforcement liability; commercial property; boiler and machinery; inland marine; builder’s risk; owner-controlled insurance programs (OCIPs); commercial auto and workers’ compensation. Eric also has experience serving as both a mediator and arbitrator in insurance coverage disputes.
Eric is one of a select number of attorneys in private practice who has received his designation as a Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU) and Associate in Reinsurance (ARe). He is extremely involved in the CPCU Society, having served on the Executive Committee of the Society’s National Board of Governors, the Nominating Committee and its Champions Committee and is a former CPCU instructor. In addition, he participated in drafting several textbooks in association with the American Institute for CPCU.
He is also a Certified Litigation Management Professional with the Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM) and an instructor in the CLM’s Claims College. Eric is a member of the Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS), the Property Legal Research Bureau (PLRB) and the American College of Coverage and Extracontractual Counsel (ACCEC).
Eric has been recognized for his achievements in the legal industry, and holds an – AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating™ by Martindale-Hubbell®. He began his career as a judicial clerk for the New York State Supreme Court Appellate Division, Fourth Department. He has served as a leader for Global Insurance Services and Insurance Coverage teams at prior firms.
- Insurance Coverage
- Professional Liability
- University at Buffalo School of Law (JD)
- University of Rochester (BA, cum laude)
- CPCU Society – Philadelphia Chapter (Executive Committee, Nominating Committee, Champions Committee)
- Defense Research Institute – Northeastern Pennsylvania Chapter
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- Property Legal Research Bureau
- American College of Coverage and Extracontractual Counsel (ACCEC)
- Monroe County Bar Association
- New York
- US District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Pennsylvania
- US District Courts for the Northern and Western Districts of New York
- US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU)
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU)
- Associate in Reinsurance (ARe)
- Certified Litigation Management Professional (CLMP)
- Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ - AV Preeminent®
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers – Insurance Coverage (2020)
- Kids Innovating State and Sound (KISS) Theatre Company (Past Chairman, Board of Directors)