Haylea Carter’s practice focuses on litigation in the firm’s Greenville office. “I go above and beyond for my clients by making sure I have a clear understanding of my clients’ goals,” she says. “As an attorney, being responsive, available and approachable to my clients is extremely important to me.”
Prior to joining MGC, Haylea practiced plaintiff’s litigation, including personal injury, wrongful death, premises liability, trucking accidents and estate planning matters at a South Carolina firm.
After graduating from Elon University School of Law, she received Elon Law’s Distinguished Service Award for completing over 100 pro bono service hours and her dedication as president of Elon Law’s Innocence Project, a non-profit legal organization that is committed to exonerating individuals who have been wrongfully convicted through DNA testing and criminal justice reform. While studying abroad in South Africa, she also studied Prisoner’s Rights.
Outside of the office, Haylea enjoys spending time with her Goldendoodle—Riggs—hunting, watching Clemson athletics and reading.
- Elon University School of Law (JD)
- Clemson University (BS)
- South Carolina Women Lawyers Association (SCWLA)
- 2021 North Carolina
- 2021 US District Court, District of South Carolina
- 2020 South Carolina
- Elon Law's Distinguished Service Award
- Community Initiatives, Inc. (Board of Directors)
- Clemson IPTAY (Representative)
- Clemson Young Alumni Council (At-Large Member)
- Emerald High School Shotgun Team (Assistant Coach)