For nearly a decade, Hillary Ladov has represented insurance industry clients in a variety of coverage matters. Her practice includes insurance coverage counseling and litigation, bad faith, professional liability and commercial litigation. Hillary has extensive experience handling complex insurance cases in state and federal courts throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey. “As a trusted advisor and problem solver, I strive to make complex, analytical work digestible and workable for my clients,” she adds. In 2019, Hillary participated in a three-month secondment at an international insurance company where she served as a claims specialist for the environmental coverage group. In this role, she performed intake, coverage evaluations and investigations, as well as adjustments. “The experience provided invaluable insight on the claims-handling process and has enabled me to better serve my clients,” says Hillary.
Hillary serves on the board of directors of the Lawyers’ Club of Philadelphia and Justice at Work, and board of governors of the Philadelphia Bar Association. In 2017, she received the Joseph H. Foster Young Lawyer Award by the Philadelphia Association of Defense Counsel for her exemplary professionalism, ethical practice and dedication as defense counsel. Hillary has also been recognized for her pro bono efforts by the Philadelphia Bar Association and Rutgers University School of Law, and has been named a Rising Star in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers since 2019.
While studying at Rutgers Law, Hillary was a law clerk with firms in Philadelphia and New Jersey. Upon graduating with a dual JD/MBA degree, she served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Anne E. Lazarus in the Superior Court of Pennsylvania. Prior to joining MGC, Hillary handled insurance coverage and bad faith matters with two Philadelphia firms, and was the managing attorney for the Rutgers 501(c)(3) Pro Bono Project, assisting local community organizations with forming nonprofit corporations and attaining tax-exempt.
Outside of MGC, Hillary enjoys upcycling furniture and cooking. She was also recently inducted into her high school sports hall of fame for swimming. Hillary is married with two sons.
- Bad Faith
- Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Coverage
- Professional Liability
- Rutgers University School of Law (JD)
- Rutgers University School of Business (MBA)
- Trinity College (BA)
- Philadelphia Bar Association (Board of Governors, 2023-2026; Young Lawyers Division – Chair, 2020-2021)
- Lawyers’ Club of Philadelphia (Board of Directors, 2021-2024)
- 2019 US District Courts for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- 2015 New Jersey
- 2015 US District Courts for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- 2015 US District Courts for the District of New Jersey
- 2013 Pennsylvania
- US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars (2019-2022)
- Philadelphia Association of Defense Counsel Joseph H. Foster Young Lawyer Award
- Philadelphia Bar Association Area Law Student Pro Bono Award
- Rutgers University School of Law Pro Bono Publico Award
- For the Kids: How Congress Stripped Pornography Producers of their Fourth Amendment Rights Rutgers Journal of Law and Religion, Winter 2014
- Justice at Work (Board of Directors)