David Kernodle’s practice focuses on litigation, commercial litigation and products liability in the firm’s Charlotte office. Prior to joining MGC, David served as an Assistant District Attorney in Mecklenburg County, NC from 2009 to 2017, successfully taking over 20 felony jury trials to verdict and trying hundreds of bench trials prior to that. David prosecuted domestic violence, child abuse, drug trafficking, property crimes, aggravated assaults, robberies and DWIs during his career as an ADA.
David is married with two young boys. Outside the office, David enjoys yard games, travel and live music.
- Commercial Litigation
- Products Liability
- North Carolina Central University (JD)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (BA)
- Mecklenberg County Bar Association (Graduate of the Leadership Institute Class of 2013)
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- 2009 North Carolina
- Westminster Presbyterian Church (Deacon and Volunteer Youth Leader)
- Boy Scouts of America Criminal Law Explorers (Post Leader)
- Love INC Charlotte (Board Member)
- The Barnabas Center (Board Member)