Jason Toups is a member at MGC practicing workers’ compensation in Wilmington. His practice concentrates on the defense of North Carolina employers and municipalities against disability claims filed by their employees, as well as the defense of insurance carriers providing coverage to these entities. Having practiced in the Wilmington area since 2006, Jason is one of only two defense attorneys in eastern North Carolina to be certified by the North Carolina State Bar as a specialist in workers’ compensation.
Jason strives to provide aggressive and strategic legal representation for his clients in a cost-efficient manner, whether through negotiating settlements or developing and implementing a strong defense strategy for trial, all while maintaining an emphasis on client responsiveness and satisfaction. He is a frequent presenter at industry-related statewide and regional conferences, and regularly provides insurance and HR professionals with training and continuing education courses.
A proud native of Thibodaux, Louisiana, Jason enjoys Cajun culture and cuisine and exploring the waters and beaches of North Carolina by boat with his wife, two daughters and black lab.
- Workers' Compensation
- NC PRIMA Annual Conference - September 13 | "The Evolving View of Medical Marijuana – Being Prepared for the Highs and the Lows"
- Mercer University (JD)
- Louisiana State University (BS)
- Lower Cape Fear Human Resources Association (2012 Legislative Board Member)
- 2006 North Carolina
- North Carolina Board Certified Specialist in Workers' Compensation Law
- Certificate in Advanced Legal Research, Writing & Drafting (Walter F. George School of Law, Mercer University)
- Coastal Conservation Association of North Carolina - Cape Fear Chapter