John Spainhour’s practice focuses on civil litigation. He has extensive experience in the areas of commercial litigation, business torts, real estate litigation, professional liability and fiduciary litigation, catastrophic injury defense, products liability, premises liability, construction defect, insurance coverage and extra-contractual claims, motor vehicle and trucking, coverage and bad faith and other negligence claims.
John has tried many cases to a jury verdict in various courts throughout North Carolina. He has also defended professionals before the National Association of Securities Dealers (now FINRA), and others before various state regulatory agencies. John started his practice at MGC in the firm’s Charlotte office, relocating to Asheville in the spring of 2013 to start the Western North Carolina office.
Outside of law, John can be found spending time with his wife and two daughters, as well as reading, running, skiing, golfing and discovering all that Asheville has to offer.
- Adulterated Food
- Alcohol Liability
- Bad Faith
- Commercial Litigation
- Director and Officer Liability
- Governmental Liability
- Nursing Home Liability
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Professional Liability
- SIU/Arson and Fraud
- University of South Carolina School of Law (JD)
- Davidson College (BA)
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Buncombe County Bar Association
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- Defense Research Institute
- Council on Litigation Management
- International Association of Defense Council
- 2001 North Carolina
- The Best Lawyers in America - Commercial Litigation, Litigation - Insurance (2019)