Lucie Peoples is a partner in the firm’s Asheville, NC office, practicing general liability and commercial litigation with an emphasis on defending personal injury torts, premises liability, products liability, and coverage litigation. Since joining the firm in 2013, she has represented insurance carriers and their insureds in a wide range of litigation areas throughout Western North Carolina.
Lucie endeavors to provide a high-quality, cost-efficient defense. By closely evaluating each case early on, she provides a candid assessment of her client’s position, and she works to develop a legal strategy that aligns with her client’s objectives and achieves a positive result. Throughout the life of a case, Lucie strives to provide timely reporting that reflects an accurate and thorough analysis of the issues and offers case specific recommendations.
Prior to joining MGC, Lucie served as Law Clerk to the Honorable C. Ashley Royal of the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia. As a law clerk, Lucie was in a unique position to objectively evaluate the merits of a wide range of civil lawsuits and learn the various nuances of federal practice.
As a true Asheville native, Lucie enjoys sharing her beloved hometown with her husband and two daughters. When she’s not in the office, Lucie can be found hiking, swimming, reading, and playing outside with her kids and dog.
- Adulterated Food
- Alcohol Liability
- Bad Faith
- Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Coverage
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Professional Liability
- Mercer University School of Law (JD, cum laude)
- Transylvania University (BA)
- 28th Judicial District Bar
- North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- 2011 Georgia
- 2013 North Carolina
- 2013 Buncombe County
- 2013 Western District of North Carolina
- 2011 Superior Court of Bibb County
- 2012 Middle District of Georgia
- “Whistle While You Work: The Fairytale-Like Whistleblower Provisions of the Dodd-Frank Act & the Emergence of ‘Greedy’ the Eighth Dwarf,” 62 Mercer L. Rev. 1279 (2011)