An experienced civil litigator, Melody Kiella focuses her practice on complex civil litigation, including trucking/transportation law, catastrophic personal injury defense, premises liability and negligent security. Melody serves on MGC’s Trucking: Rapid Response Team. Her clients have included motor carriers, logistics and supply chain companies, commercial motor vehicle drivers, a national rideshare company, a Southeast real estate investment trust involved in multifamily and residential development and management, national and local retailers and insurers.
Melody believes that by truly understanding her clients’ business and goals, she can provide the best possible relationship and legal service. Her experience handling high-volume and high-profile cases from pre-litigation through trial has allowed Melody to develop key insights and strategies that impact her clients’ matters.
She is heavily involved in the legal industry’s many defense associations. As an active member of the Defense Research Institute (DRI), Melody serves as the Online Programming Chair. She has also served as the 2021 Trucking Law Primer Vice Chair for DRI’s Trucking Law Committee and the Publications Chair for “DRI for Life.” Through her membership in the American Bar Association (ABA), Melody was selected to participate in the 2021-2022 ABA Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Leadership Academy. She is a member of the Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel, an invite-only organization composed of recognized leaders in the legal community who have achieved professional distinction.
- Premises Liability
- Michigan State University, College of Law (JD, summa cum laude)
- California State Polytechnic University (BA)
- Defense Research Institute (Online Programming Chair; 2021 Trucking Law Primer Vice Chair – Trucking Law Committee; Publications Chair – DRI for Life)
- American Bar Association (Tort Trial & Insurance Section)
- Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- US District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- DRI Tom Segalla Excellence in Education Award (2022)