Michael Hirsch’s practice focuses on civil litigation, insurance coverage disputes, insurance defense, UM/UIM issues, commercial litigation, transportation and construction in the firm’s Charlotte office. He actively assists clients in the investigation of matters and the pre-suit resolution of catastrophic cases. Michael has successfully tried cases before South Carolina’s Magistrate Court.
Prior to joining MGC, he practiced commercial litigation, general litigation, insurance defense, as well as commercial real estate, lending, corporate transactions, estate planning and estate litigation in Charlotte. Michael also served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Daniel Dewitt Hall, Circuit Court Judge of the Sixteenth Judicial Circuit of South Carolina.
Outside of the office, Michael enjoys traveling, reading, swimming, yoga, eating at his favorite Mexican restaurant and playing piano.
- Commercial Litigation
- Governmental Liability
- Insurance Coverage
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- University of South Carolina School of Law (JD)
- Clemson University (BA, magna cum laude)
- Mecklenburg Bar Association
- York County Bar Association
- 2022 Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- 2022 Supreme Court of the United States
- 2021 U.S. District Court of the Western District of North Carolina
- 2018 U.S. District Court of South Carolina
- 2017 North Carolina
- 2016 South Carolina
- South Carolina Public Notary
- Fort Mill Historical Review Board (Board Member: 2017-2019)