Michelle Mims represents workers’ compensation insurers and employers in the firm’s Jackson office. Prior to joining MGC, she practiced workers’ compensation defense and appeals and was a judicial clerk for the Honorable Billy Bridges. Michelle knows the importance of accessibility, knowledge and understanding and is happy to answer general workers’ compensation questions adjusters and employers may have, even if she does not have an open claim on the file.
Michelle spends time with her husband Jon, children Abbi, Kara and Wyatt, and her dog and cat outside of the office. They enjoy watching movies, attending cheer competitions, basketball games, baseball games and cross country and track meets.
- Workers' Compensation
- Mississippi College School of Law (JD)
- Mississippi State University
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Workers' Compensation Section of Mississippi Bar
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Capital Area Bar Association
- Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- DRI Workers' Compensation Committee (Vice Chairman of Webcast Committee 2017-2018)
- Member of Mississippi Association of Self-Insured (MASI) - Teacher for MASI CSIWCP Courses for Modules I and III (2012-present)
- 2007 Tennessee
- 2000 Mississippi
- Certified Self-Insured Workers’ Compensation Professional (CSIWCP)