Monica Yates practices litigation in the firm’s Myrtle Beach office. She focuses on general litigation, including automobile and trucking defense, personal injury defense, premises liability and construction defect litigation. Prior to joining MGC, Monica practiced business litigation in Myrtle Beach and was a Criminal Prosecutor for the Fifteenth Circuit Solicitor’s Office in Horry County.
Outside of MGC, Monica spends time with her husband, family and friends. She enjoys exploring the outdoors, camping and fishing with her husband, traveling and running.
- Commercial Litigation
- Premises Liability
- Charleston School of Law (JD)
- Wofford College (BA, cum laude)
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Horry County Bar Association (2020: Treasurer)
- Coastal Inn of Court
- South Carolina Women Lawyers Association (Grand Strand Regional Chapter)
- 2012 South Carolina
- Leadership Grand Strand (Graduate, 2015)
- Leadership Grand Strand Board of Regents (Board Member, 2015-Present)
- Horry County Mental Health Court (Team Member, 2015-2017)
- Project LEAD (Volunteer Facilitator for At-Risk Youth, 2016-2017)