Shawn Bevans maintains an active litigation practice where he defends businesses and individuals in a variety of personal injury actions arising both on land and in the water including automobile and boating accidents, premises liability, products liability and maritime claims arising under the Jones Act.
Prior to joining MGC, Shawn served as the Editor of the Charleston Maritime Law Bulletin and as a judicial extern for the Hon. Sol Blatt, Jr., Senior United States District Court Judge for the District of South Carolina.
While he’s away from the office, Shawn spends his time in and on the waterways of the Lowcountry, chasing around his Irish Setter, and cheering on the Clemson Tigers.
- Adulterated Food
- Alcohol Liability
- Bad Faith
- Commercial Litigation
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Professional Liability
- Charleston School of Law (JD)
- Clemson University (BS)
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Charleston County Bar Association
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys' Association
- Maritime Law Association of the United States
- Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute
- 2012 South Carolina
- 2016 US District Court, District of South Carolina