Tien Cheng’s practice focuses on litigation and trucking in the firm’s Raleigh office. Prior to joining MGC, he was the assistant attorney general with the North Carolina Department of Justice where he represented the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services as outside counsel with a focus on matters of regulatory and compliance, agency rulemaking, civil penalty enforcement, agency licensing and permitting, animal disease, food safety, industrial hemp, procurement and contracts, as well as represented the State of North Carolina on criminal appellate matters. Tien also served as an agency legal specialist for the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, as well, where he provided general in-house counsel services.
Outside of the office, Tien enjoys spending time with his wife, two cats and dog as well as playing league softball and volleyball and playing chess on Sunday afternoons. He speaks Mandarin-Chinese and immigrated from Taiwan in 1996.
- Temple University Beasley School of Law (JD)
- North Carolina State University (BA, Cum laude)
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- American Agricultural Law Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Tenth Judicial District Bar
- Wake County Bar Association
- 2022 U.S. District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina
- 2021 U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of North Carolina
- 2021 U.S. District Court, Middle District of North Carolina (2022)
- 2015 North Carolina
- 2014 New jersey