Walt Barefoot’s practice focuses on workers’ compensation defense. Having focused on workers’ compensation defense since 1991, Walt has experience defending carriers and employers in South Carolina, and works with all types of claims. He regularly tries cases before the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission, and has also tried cases before the South Carolina Court of Appeals. Walt works closely with his clients to provide the best and most efficient service possible.
Walt is married with two children, and enjoys traveling with his family.
- Workers' Compensation
- University of South Carolina School of Law (JD)
- Wofford College (BA)
- South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Educational Association (Former Board Member)
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association (Board Member)
- South Carolina Employers' Advocacy Association (2020: Treasurer)
- South Carolina Bar Association (Former Chair - Workers’ Compensation Section Council)
- 1991 South Carolina
- Outstanding Eagle Award recipient by The National Scout Association (2020)
- Leadership in Law Award recipient by South Carolina Lawyers Weekly (2010)
- Boy Scouts of America – Pee Dee Area Council (Former President, Executive Council)
- Florence County Disabilities Foundation (Former Chairman)