Industrial Commission Issues In-Person Hearing Guidelines
- Any person with symptoms of COVID-19 shall not attend a hearing and shall contact the Deputy Commissioner.
- Any person who has tested positive for covid-19 and who has had symptoms of COVID-19 shall not attend a hearing and shall contact the deputy commissioner, unless the person has both recovered from COVID-19 and the CDC-recommended amount of time has passed since illness onset and recovery.
- Any person who has traveled internationally shall not attend a hearing and shall contact the deputy commissioner, unless at least 14 days have passed since returning home from the international travel.
- Social distancing, hand hygiene and face coverings:
- All persons in the hearing room should maintain a distance of at least six feet from all other individuals. The Deputy Commissioner will limit the number of individuals in the hearing room to allow for proper social distancing.
- All persons in the hearing room should wash their hands and/or use hand sanitizer in a manner consistent with CDC guidelines. Special attention should be given to sanitizing hands prior to entering the hearing room, after using the restroom, and after touching high-traffic surfaces.
- For all times during which there is a statewide and/or local order requiring the wearing of a face covering in the county or municipality where the hearing is held, every person in the hearing room shall wear an appropriate face covering over the mouth and nose in a manner consistent with CDC guidelines, unless the person maintains a distance of at least six feet from all other individuals, is actively participating in the hearing, and wearing the face covering impedes communication.
In-Person hearing guidelines can be found here.
Orders can be found here.
This legal update is published as a service to our clients and friends. It is intended to provide general information and does not constitute legal advice regarding any specific situation. Past success does not indicate likelihood of success in any future legal representation.