Jay is a Founding Member and the Managing Member of MGC. He represents businesses and individuals in a variety of matters including contract negotiations, employment matters, business development and strategic planning. As Managing Member, Jay devotes much of his time and energy to the evolving business of law. He is a frequent speaker on Law Firm Management topics including metrics, growth, governance, alternative fees and strategic planning.
Jay also leads a dedicated team of lawyers and professionals at MGC Sports, representing both coaches and players in team negotiations, endorsement opportunities and NCAA matters. Jay is an NFL Players Association certified agent, as well as a member of the Sports Lawyers Association.
In his spare time, Jay can be found cheering on the Clemson Tigers and spending time with his three children.
- University of South Carolina School of Law (JD)
- Francis Marion University (BS, magna cum laude)
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys' Association
- Sports Lawyers Association
- 1988 South Carolina
- 1988 US District Court, District of South Carolina
- 1988 US Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- DRI Leadership Award
- Leadership in Law Award
- Leadership Columbia
- Leadership South Carolina
- Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ - AV®
- Clemson University Board of Visitors
- Hammond School Board of Trustees (Chair)
- Francis Marion University Board of Trustees (Former Chair)
- EdVenture Children’s Museum (Former Chair)
- Columbia Downtown Business Association
- University Associates